CALL TO ARTISTS: DUSK DANCES 2015 FESTIVAL
Deadline: Monday March 30, 2015, at midnight
Dusk Dances is accepting submissions for a new initiative for its 2015 Festival:
A 30-minute dance work presented after the regular Dusk Dances program
The purpose of this new initiative is to:
• Bring a longer, more developed dance work, for the Dusk Dances audience to experience
• Present a work that suits the park setting while being audacious artistically
• The work must be 25 to 30 minutes in length, and suitable for 1) a large outdoor site on grass, or 2) a large baseball diamond
• The choreographer and performers must be professional dance artists
• The work must involve between 3 and 6 performers
• New works will not be accepted. The piece must have been presented before, on stage or outdoors
• The choreographer and all the performers must be available for the entire week of the festival, from August 3 to 9, 2015 (7 performances), and for the dress rehearsal that will take place on August 2, 2015.
Dusk Dances will pay a presentation fee. Applications from across Canada are welcome. Travel and accommodations will be provided.
To apply, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday, March 30, 2015 at midnight (or mail to Sylvie Bouchard, 84 Ashburnham Road, Toronto, ON, M6H 2K5):
– a link / video of the full work (trailers will not be accepted)
– a description of the piece
– a list of the performers and collaborators
– a CV of the choreographer
– a paragraph that explains how the work will suit / be adapted to one of the two outdoor sites listed above.
Applicants will be notified in early April of the final decision. Only applicants who we have questions about their proposal, or applicants who are successful, will be contacted.
To learn more about Dusk Dances, please visit our website at duskdances.ca
Download the full submission guidelines HERE.