Administrative Coordinator – Job Posting
SUBJECT TO GOVERNMENT FUNDING: All interested applicants must be registered and working with an employment counsellor at Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment & Training.
The Canadian Dance Assembly (CDA) in partnership with Miziwe Biik is seeking applicants for a contract position (26 weeks) as an Administrative Coordinator.
Posting date: April 5, 2017
Closing Date: April 21, 2017 12:00pm
Start Date: May 1, 2017
Location: 476 Parliament St., 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M4X 1P2
Job Summary: The Administrative Coordinator supports the programming, communications, and membership relations for the CDA. The Administrative Coordinator works directly with the CDA’s General Manager in a supportive capacity. The Administrative Coordinator oversees the accurate and timely delivery of administrative services, maintains and updates online content, assists with programming related to Conferences and regional events and assists with membership renewals. This position will play an essential role in expanding the operations of the organization.
- Assist in the coordination of CDA’s National Conference
- Assistance with membership renewals and processing
- Assistance with website and social media updates
- General office support as needed, perform clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, mailing, and filing
- Act as support to the Executive Director and/or General Manager which may include : maintaining agendas, meeting coordination, minute taking, travel arrangements
- Provide secretarial support to the management team
- Support the organization in the coordination of program delivery and development
- Reply to general information request
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong English communication and written skills
- Basic knowledge in French an asset
- Post secondary education, training and experience equivalent to a diploma in business administration or administrative office experience is an asset
- Passionate about the arts
- The candidate must be an effective communicator: He/She will respond to internal and external enquiries with diplomacy, courtesy and discretion
- He/She must have a keen sense of organization and ability to multi-task. Effective time-management skills including the ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines are a proven asset
- Must have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Design and Photoshop skills an asset
Wage: $17/hr. x 35 hours per week x 26 weeks
Please note all applicants must be registered with Miziwe Biik in order to be eligible for consideration.
Forward your resume and cover letter to:
476 Parliament St. ,
Toronto, Ontario M4X 1P2
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.